Dear God, someone save me from myself. Instead of tackling the giant pile of work-related crap I have to do, I am obsessively transferring all CDs in the house onto iTunes. A worthwhile pursuit, yes, but it's not really bringing in any income. It has, however, brought up a number of interesting questions, such as:
- Where did I get a factory copy of a U2 CD? The Oasis CD's origins are even more mysterious.
- How did said U2 CD become stuck (literally) inside its plastic sleeve? And what is the substance that stuck it there?
- Who's going to stop me from eating all of Avery's birthday cake before she gets home tonight?
- Why do I have so much Tower of Power? What's the deal with my embarrassingly comprehensive Information Society collection?
- Who put a Barenaked Ladies in my CD collection? And why would anyone do such a thing??
- What's up with that evil-looking potato in the fridge?
- How is it that I seem to have amassed every single Nine Inch Nails album ever made, but I don't own a single Prince CD, and my Ani Difranco collection is incomplete at best?
- Why don't I have more Leonard Cohen? Massive Attack? Liz Phair? Why don't I have any Johnny Cash?
Of course, it also confirms my suspicion that I may have every Tori Amos song ever made. Or at least every Tori song available to dedicated Tori fans who haven't yet crossed the threshold of "willing to kill/maim for Tori tracks."